My Baby's Bedtime Rituals

11:56 AM

Being a mother is the most beautiful phase of my life. It is a divine emotion and an incomparable feeling. No matter how hard I try, I can never describe it in words. As a mother, I share the most beautiful and strongest bond with my baby. It makes me the happiest person on this planet, however, this happiness comes with a responsibility.

The day my baby was born, I promised myself that I would take care of him to the best of my abilities and I will not let him suffer in any way. Since a baby cannot express himself, it became difficult for me to know what the baby wants. But as it is rightly said that “Mother knows Best”. If a baby gets sound sleep, is not cranky and have that peaceful and smiling looks on his face, then you can be assured that you are doing the best job in the world. So, to ensure my baby is happy and peaceful all the time, right from his birth, I followed some bed time rituals everyday which I'm listing down here:

1. Fun Time - The first activity that I do with my baby is to have some fun time. I make him roll on beach ball which he enjoys a lot or let him play with his rattles or just have a simple game of peek a boo. All throughout his play he will be giggling and enjoying.

2. Warm Bath and a Relaxing Massage - After that I gave him a nice and warm bath. He loves to get himself soaked in the warm water. He feels it very soothing and nice. By this he already starts feeling drowsy for a good night sleep. After finishing his bath I give him a nice and relaxing body massage with warm oil.

3. Use of Good Quality Diapers and Proper Feeding – Apart from hunger, your baby’s sleep may also break multiple times because of wetness and hence you must use only good quality diapers. I specifically use Pampers Baby Dry Pants which ensures dryness from the inside as compared to other diapers which focus on dryness only from outside. This ensures that my baby’s sleep will not be disturbed by a wet diaper. Then I put him in his pyjamas and feed him till he is full.

4. Rock and Roll Lullabies - After his tummy is full, I put him in his cradle, dim all the lights and sing lullabies in a soft tone, and keep rocking the cradle. I wish him goodnight and give a soft kiss, It helps him calm down and he goes into a deep sleep immediately.

He wakes up directly in the morning with a smiling face. This ensures that I too get a good night sleep and get freshly charged for my next days routine. Happy Baby Happy Mom!

You Might Also Like

1