Blueberry Cupcake with Blueberry Preserve Glaze

7:56 PM

Hello all, welcoming you  to my space today with a guest post after a long break. The last one that I had published was Macadamia Nut Encrusted Halibut from Linda, somewhere in December last year.... :). Wasn't that long long back????? Once again reviving my guest post series, today I welcome Meena Kumar from Elephant and the Coconut Trees. I still remember she had this as her profile pic on facebook for a long time. And all this while I was thinking it to be an apple when all of a sudden someone commented on it "an apple a day, keeps the doctor away" and then only we came to know that it was not an apple but a milk fudge in the shape of an apple. Such is her talent, I don't have any words to describe. Hats off to you dear!!!!




I'm really fascinated by her photography skills, her recipes and her style of writing. As the name of her blog reads, you will find loads of yummy traditional dishes from Kerala and yes, loads of dishes from around the world too. Today she shares with us a yummy Blueberry cupcake with blueberry preserve glaze. Do scroll down what she has to say and the recipe for this yummy treat....



Thank you so much for inviting me over to this lovely blog. I am really honored to share your space. I have never met you but take great pride in having such awesome virtual friends like you who have the courage to raise your voice on  social issues. Speak about it, take your time to fight for it. I believe a revolution always begins with one person's step for a good cause. So Razina please keep that fire burning always. My best wishes to you and the blog in the days to come.

Hello lovely readers,
This is Meena Kumar from elephants and the coconut trees . A space where I share my food and thoughts. I am a Keralite, presently living in US with my husband and teen. I am a foodie by choice ready to try any kind of cuisine. I love cakes but the old fashioned, rustic looking ones.I prefer glaze to thick layer frosting. Hope you will enjoy making this cake everything from scratch starting with preserve.

 I have used sour cream here and reduced butter and egg.The result is light moist and super fluffy cupcake that simply melts in the mouth.The cupcake is sweet and slightly tart from the berries.In one word I can say it is delicious !
I know a few squiggly lines would have looked pretty when I see the pics I feel I could have done a good job with the glaze.

Ingredients: (makes just 6 cupcakes:))
All purpose flour- 1 1/2 cup
Egg- 1
Sour cream - 3/4 th-1 cup (thick yogurt, not so sour is fine)
Butter - 1 tbsp
Baking powder- 1 tsp
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
Blueberries -1/2 cup + few for decoration
Blueberry preserve/ Jam- 4 tbsp (Homemade)(recipe below)
Icing sugar - as required
Whipping cream - as required
Method
Sift the flour and baking powder together and keep aside.
Cream the butter and sugar together and add the whisked egg, vanilla essence and well beaten sour cream.Fold in the flour mixture mix gently until there are no lumps only.
Line a muffin tin with liners scoop the batter into it and drop few blueberries into each portion equally.
Bake at 350 ° F in a preheated oven for 20 -22 minutes until cake skewer comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack.
Once the cupcake reaches room temp smear half the preserve on top of  the cupcake.(It helps everything to stick together). Then mix the rest of the preserve with one tbsp of icing sugar add more if you need a lighter color add whipping cream to thin it out a little bit (1-2 tsps ) apply on top of the preserve and decorate with blue berries.
Blueberry preserve:(just enough for the cupcakes)
Heat 1/2 cup blueberry and around 7tsp of sugar plus around one tsp of water on a slow flame so blue berry wont burn at the bottom.Keep stirring until it thickens and becomes jelly like consistency.Remember when it cools it will thicken a bit more. Remove from heat and let it cool.
You could add gelatin to thic towards the end but I prefer not to.I love making preserves Nectarine and apple jam was my earlier attempt.
Thank you for giving me an opportunity Razina.Hope your readers enjoyed the virtual treat.
You can reach me through FACEBOOK and PINTEREST

Thanks dear once again for adorning my space with such a beauty!!!!

Dear readers, if you too want to do a guest post on my page, please do write to me at rznjvd@gmail.com

You Might Also Like

21