My Beautiful Food!

4:18 PM

Oh my God, the countdown on the right side of my page shows only 2 days are left for the start of Ramadan. New moon will be sighted and the Holy month will start which involves fasting from dawn to dusk. I am just so excited and eagerly awaiting for its arrival. I just love each and every aspect of it.... prayers, abstaining from food from dawn till dusk, spending lots of time reading Qur'an apart from regular life activities. We give lots of importance to Suhoor and Iftar which keeps us going throughout the day. I am going to give you a virtual tour of my Iftar table, come over and have a peek.....

It's just 5 minutes left for the Adhaan to be heard and I'm sitting at my Iftar table to break the fast. There are dates stuffed with almonds in a large glass katori. Next to it is a glass of water in a swirl tumbler along with  a vision jug set of Sharbet-e-Roohafza. There are some fried snacks like qeema pakoda, chicken pakoda, aloo bhajia all served together in a square variety platter giving out a lovely aroma in the house. There are also piping hot samosas and bread rolls each in an oval dish. Next to it is a square dish of chole chaat and dahi bada. There is also a big bowl of fresh fruit salad and a bowl of dry fruit pudding. On one corner you can find a set of empty mini plates to serve yourself all the delicacies. Wow my Iftar table is looking fabulous with each item presented in a glassware adding to the beauty of each dish. Yes, Borosil has made my food Beautiful.

Once the fast is broken, we pray and then rest for some time and carry on with our regular work. Then comes the time for dinner. I have made chicken biryani by keeping it on dum in a deep round casserole in the  microwave oven. I also prepared mutton qorma, tandoori roti, salad and raita all of which I plan to serve in the Blossom - Milano melamine dinner set. To soothe the mind, I have placed a tea light in the centre of the dining table. 

After having a heavy dinner I need to fresh up my mind by having a freshly brewed tea and what better way to present it than in the classic tea set.

Wow, my iftar and dinner was so delicious and inviting and Borosil has made all my effort and food beautiful.

You Might Also Like

6