Butter Cookies

10:43 AM

Today, I am here with the detailed recipe of making butter cookies, my first ever attempt in baking these. I took this recipe from vahrevah.com, as it was very easy to make and all the ingredients were available with me. Even though I followed it to the T, the dough had become a bit sticky, and it was very difficult to shape them, may be they are supposed to be like that. I shaped some of them into bite size pieces for Amaan.
Butter Cookies

Ingredients:
All purpose flour/Maida - 125 gm
Butter - 100 gms
Powdered sugar - 85 gms
Egg yolk - 3
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp, optional
Milk - 1/4 cup

Method:
In a mixing bowl add butter and sugar and cream it

Add egg yolk and beat for around 5 minutes till it become light and fluffy

Add all purpose flour, vanilla essence and mix it like soft dough

Roll the dough very gently and cut them into desired shape

Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the cut cookies on it

In a separate bowl mix milk and little egg yolk and give a coating of this on the cookies

Bake at 180C for 12 to 15 minutes

Let it cool down for 15 minutes and have..... mouthwatering!!!

You Might Also Like

15