Cauliflower Crust Pizza

9:14 AM



These days I seem to be doing everything in a hurry, mostly because I'm not able to access anything during the day time. So, there is a rush in the morning to do a post and then again in the evening to check the status and catching up with everyone... :). Today I'm back again with a guest post. I've got a very talented food blogger from Sri Lanka - Sharanya who blogs at Just Not the Cakes, yes the name of the blog suggests it all. Just few days back she had sent me a message on facebook showing her interest for the guest post, I immediately agreed and checked with her if she can do it in a day or two as a surprise was on the way for guest blogging on my page. She agreed to it and just in two days time she sent me this wonderful recipe yesterday night. I'm not able to keep it in waiting and here it comes piping hot..... Let's see what she has brought in for us.......

I am really happy to post this recipe and get featured as a guest blogger in Razina’s Blog. When she said it should be a baked goodie , I was literally confused which baked recipe should I send as a guest post . Then I found this Cauliflower crust pizza will be interesting to be posted as a guest post.



Cauliflower Crust Pizza, Yup you heard it right ...I had book marked this recipe from Paula Deen's website very long time back. I was not pretty sure how it would taste, so never bothered to try it. If you are looking how to eat healthy food by reducing the starch in your daily meals this is one healthy way to start. Believe me you will not miss the flour base in this pizza. It tasted really good.

I didn’t exactly follow the recipe .I tweaked the recipe here and there. The topping for the Pizza was Chicken 65, Sliced Hungarian hot Chile Peppers and Grated Mozzarella. Crust is super thin but when you take a bite, the flavors will just burst in your mouth.


Ingredients:

For the Pizza Base:
Grated Cauliflower - 21/2 Cup
Egg - 1
Grated Mozzarella - 1/2 Cup
Grated Cheddar - 1/2 Cup
Crushed Black pepper - 1/2 Tsp
Crushed Red chili - 1/2 Tsp
Dried Parsley - 1/2 Tsp
Salt - Per Taste


For the Topping:

Tomato Sauce ( Recipe here) - you can use store bought too.
Chicken 65 -( Recipe yet to publish) - Or your favorite Topping.
Sliced Hungarian hot chili peppers - 1/2 Cup ( can you bell peppers)
Grated Mozzarella


Instructions:

For the Pizza Base:

In a microwave safe bowl , add the grated cauliflower and microwave it for exactly 8 minutes

Allow it to cool . Then using a muslin cloth , squeeze it and drain the excess water from the cauliflower

Now mix all the ingredients in a bowl and form the base

The pizza base will not be doughy or elastic . It will break when holding . Do not worry about it. Once it is baked it will be fine

Preheat the oven at 350F. Spray non-stick spray on the tray you bake

Pat and spread the combined base to the thickness you want

Bake it for 10 - 15 minutes

Once it is baked , Spread the tomato sauce , top it with some chicken , peppers and cheese

Bake the pizza for another 10 minutes till the cheese is melted

Serve it warm


Notes:
I had added two variety of cheese for the base . That is 1/2 cup of Mozzarella and 1/2 cup of Cheddar . You could use 1 cup of mozzarella if you don't want to use cheddar
Do definitely use the non-stick spray as cheese sticks to the baking tray / pizza pan
You can use any topping you prefer
 Wow, that's so cool and innovative. Never knew that a cauliflower can be used as a pizza base. Thanks once again Shey.

Do check out her blog Just Not the Cakes

You Might Also Like

32