Leftover Chicken Curry Tarts

10:35 AM

Yet again I have to admit that my series 'Guest Post - Baking' is running  as expected. I have had got lovely treats through this series. There are some blogger friends who had voluntarily sent me guest post to help me out with my baking skills. One of those was Rafeeda and today I have Huma Kalim who blogs at Gheza-e-Shirin. Thank you girls for your wonderful contributions!!! Gheza-e-Shirin is Food cooked with Sweetness and Love, I love that tag line, Huma. Her blog has got a collection of all her signature dishes with the detailed recipes and perfect pictures. Kudos to her, who inspite of having a full time career, manages to cook, click and share her secret recipes on her blog so that new learners like me can learn.... :). Welcoming you to my little space and lets see what she has to say...... 

Thanks Razina for the invitation to guest post at your wonderful space & a big hello to the readers of The Recipe of India. I am Huma from the blog Gheza-e-shiriin. I am  not an active blogger but  juggling between my work schedule & home. Started my blog nearly two years back to vent out my stress of the daily routine. When Razina started this series, I promised her to give a post that was two months back I think. So here I am. And sorry dear to keep you waiting.
Today I am sharing with you the chicken curry tarts. I consider this is the best twist you can give to your left over chicken curry. And that too prepared in few minutes.

Leftover Chicken Curry Tarts

Ingredients:
Puff pastry sheets - 4
Onion - 8 slices
Tomato - 8 thick slices
Green chillies - 2 thick, made into slices or chopped
Mozzarella cheese - 1 stick, cut into 8 parts
Sea salt - 8 pinches
II
Deboned and shredded chicken curry (check  below) - 1/4 cup
Olive oil - 2-3 tbsp
Coriander leaves - few sprigs
Method:
*Bhuno the chicken curry till all the water has dried out. Debone, shred and keep aside to cool
Roll the puff pastry sheets and cut into circles using cookie cutters

Assembling:
Assemble all the puff pastry circle on a baking sheet
Put the slice of tomato, 1/2 spoon of shredded chicken, followed by onion,green chilly slices &  cheese
Lastly sprinkle a pinch of sea salt, dash of olive oil
Garnish with coriander leaves
Bake for 7 -8 minutes in preheated oven at 200 C till pastry has puffed up &  cheese has melted
Serve warm
Notes - *Vegetarians can use paneer instead of chicken

Wow, what a lovely dish you can get out of the leftover chicken/paneer curry, I never thought using it this way. Next time, I'm surely going to use them and enjoy a perfect new dish with new taste.

A very special thanks to you Huma for not only sending me across this post but also its the first time that I've received a savory recipe of baking!!!

Do check out her blog Gheza-e-Shiriin... :)

You Might Also Like

14