The make or buy delimma

10:31 PM

Here are the items which I choose to make myself from scratch and the items that I prefer to buy while I prepare my everyday meals:

  • Yoghurt - I Make, it is easy to make and tastes better, also store bought turn out to be expensive
  • Ghee - I Make, homemade ghee tastes better than any brand of store bought ghee
  • Paneer - I Buy, as I use paneer only once a week, I prefer to buy and use
  • Chapati - I Make, there is nothing in comparison to homemade hot rotis/chapatis
  • Bread - I Buy, it is a complex process to make, requires lots of time
  • Pizza crust - I Make, it turns out to be more soft than store bought
  • Pizza sauce - I Make, turns out tasty and original flavor
  • Pasta sauce - I Make, easy to make and turns out to be much tastier
  • Spices - I Buy, find a good brand that suits your taste and buy the same
  • Ginger/ garlic paste - I Make, easy to make and no preservatives as present in the packaged ones
  • Pickle - I Buy, unless you have time and perfect masalas for making it
  • Dips and chutneys - I Make, prepared in minutes
  • Soup - I Make, always prefer the original home made soup
  • Stock/ broth - I Make, healthier and without any chemicals added
Items which I use very less, I usually prefer to buy it and use rather than going through the hassles of making it.

You Might Also Like

2